Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 2 - Monday, Sept. 2nd

Even though it's Labor Day, I had to go to work.  But, I had plenty of good food to take with me, so my meals were a no-brainer.

Breakfast:  1 egg/prosciutto cup; seedless green grapes; black coffee

I posted this on Facebook around 10:30am:

Whole30 Day 2: Breakfast was really tasty...but, I should have brought more food. I'm feeling pretty snacky right now. I have a few grapes & almonds to hold me over until lunch....which is going to be so yummy! (Avocado chicken salad....and, well, salad)...but, I wish I had a piece of homemade turkey sausage.

Clearly, I didn't eat enough breakfast, so I was already getting pretty hungry.  I had a few plain, roasted almonds and the rest of the grapes for a snack.

Lunch:  Avocado chicken salad on a bed of salad greens

Afternoon snack:  I finished off the almonds.  They are from Trader Joe's (of course) and they are appropriately called "Just A Handful of Dry Roasted Unsalted Almonds".  Each little bag contains only 1.2 oz of almonds.  Kinda hard to overeat those!

Dinner:  Skillet Chili with Kale, Spinach, and Onion - not really chili, IMHO, but quite tasty!  I did finish off the 2nd half of the curried chicken thigh from Monday night...I couldn't resist!

Went to bed early, read a few chapters in "It Starts With Food", and was asleep by 10:30pm. Again, tired, but felt really good.  Didn't really struggle with hunger except for between breakfast & lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment